MasterWorks II Update
Instructions for download
- Follow the instructions below before downloading the software.
- Instructions to download to your hard drive.
- Download file, saving it to your hard drive.
- Locate the saved file on your hard drive.
- Double click on the file.
- Print and follow the instructions to load the update.
- Reads JEF+ files
- Improved reading of newer ART files
- .blf circle text files no longer crash earlier versions of MWII when saved and reopened
- When applying Applique to a custom shape, thread colors from the selected thread chart will now show.
- When selecting a new design page, the frame and appliqué will use the newly selected thread palette for the new design page for all colors of the appliqué. A different will selected for each step of the appliqué.
- Thread colors with custom shapes are now selecting from the selected thread chart - both for artwork and when converted to stitches.
- Improved kerning when adding the ~ to the letters for different color letters.
- When selecting the 360 x 360 Jumbo hoop, 350 x 350 will show in the bottom right corner of the design page. This is the maximum size for design when using the Jumbo hoop.
- Opening Files through File/Open or File/Merge has been improved. Colors no longer separate into two color stops.
- Remove Overlapped Artwork has been improved when using Transform Artwork.
- When using the Auto-Digitizing Wizard - the "Next" button is now active when the image has been acquired.
- When using the Cross Stitch Wizard, the "little hand" is now visible for panning the image on the Image Edit Screen.
BLF file messaging:
- A message now appears asking if you wish to save the file as a .blf, as you close the design page. If you have saved the file as a .blf, this message will not appear.
Design Page Layout:
- New look to the main design page.
- New colors
- The flyout menus are different. In the past, clicking on the icon opened the fly-out menu. Now, click on the arrow just below the icon to open the fly-out menu.
- When a file has been saved, the design page tab will now show the file name and format.
- To close a design page, the "X" has been placed on the design page tab.
- The "Stop Sign" has been moved closer to the slide control buttons at the bottom of the design page.
- Cicero Monogram recommended heights changed to:
- Minimum: 15mm/.59 inches
- Maximum: 35mm/1.37 inches
- Default: 20.0mm
- Minimum: 15mm/.59 inches
- Mega Strong: Default size changed to 117.5mm to match recommended size.
- Hellenic Strong: Default height set to 76.2mm
- Varsity Two Color: Default height set to 35mm
Changed Maximum height to 45mm.
- Default height set to 25mm.
Satin and Appliqué options have been removed.
- Rainy Day:
Jump stitches removed from the running stitch outline.
- The font preview has been updated.
- Angelica: "d":
When sizing larger and changing the satin fill to a smooth fill, the gap that was created has been fixed.
- When opening the Font flyout listing, a font preview appears when selecting the different fonts.
- Available keystrokes information has been added to the Help files for the foreign fonts: Galilee, Hebrew, etc.
- Added Palette 9 hoops to the PES list.
- Added a check box for Multi-needle machines. After checking the box, the hoop list changes to hoop list for multi needle machines. (6 and 10 needle embroidery machines)
- Creative Notions Thread chart added
- Floriani thread chart added
- Now have the ability to save a file as a PES v9 file in Multi Needle as well as PES v9.
- Baby Lock tab: a check box has been added for the Multineedle machines. This will change the hoop list for the 6 and 10 needle embroidery machines.
- A file can now be saved for the 360 x 360mm Jumbo hoop for the Enterprise (BNT10) embroidery machine. The file can then be opened into HoopWorks Stand Alone and split for the BNT10.
- Run and satin options reinstated for outline fonts
- The first two colors of the appliqué are now different when using the Custom Shaped for appliqué
Delete function in color palette now shows
- Delete Palette dialog.
- Improved reading of PES files in PTS software
- VP3 files with variegated threads can now be read in MasterWorks II
Installing the MasterWorks II Update
NOTE: The USB Security Key does not have to be removed from your computer before installing the update.
- Download the update to a folder on your hard drive. Double click to initiate the installation. Follow the installation dialogs. Click Finish on the last dialog to complete the installation.
Vista 32 bit and Vista 64 bit operating systems:
Download the update to a folder on your computer's hard drive.
Double click on the update file to initiate the installation.
During the installation the following dialog will appear. This dialog is installing new drivers for the Security Key necessary for MasterWorks II. DO NOT exit this dialog during the installation process. The dialog will close on its own when finished installing the drivers. This will take a few seconds.
Once complete, the normal installation dialog will appear and continue installing the software.
- When the update is finished, plug in the USB Security Key, if you have not done so.
The hardware wizard will appear and automatically install SafeNet Sentinel Hardware key. When this is completed, you will be able to open MasterWorks II.
- Color match on loading option added to Preferences. (Default is set to "off" when installed.) This can be checked on so when a design file is opened the colors will match the selected color palette. Exceptions are .dst, .exp, .pcs, and .xxx files that do not contain color information. BLF files will open with the colors they were generated with.
- Added Baby Lock tab to the preferences which contains hoop information with color count and stitch count for the selected hoop.
- Grid settings do not change when re-opening the program.
- When saving a .pes design, if it will not fit in the PES1 frame a warning is given. You then have the option to save anyway or cancel and change the design size. If you choose save anyway, the .pes format is automatically increased to a version that will accommodate the size of the design.
- Improved thread color reading at the machine.
- Madeira Thread Chart saves as Madeira Rayon in .pes files.
- Updated the machine hoop list.
- Added additional thread charts to the color palette.
- Able to save .pes files in the version 7 & 8 formats.
- Reads .pcs files created from 4D Software.
- Both .jef and .pcs files now split at a higher stitch count.
- Improved colors when viewing files in 3D.
- Satin Run now has underlay.
- Recipes can no longer be deleted from the built-in recipes.
- Thread palettes can no longer be deleted from the built-on thread palettes.
- Transform Artwork: Circular Copy: When a large count is used in the circle, the colors will remain intact throughout the circular design.
- Compatible with Vista 64 bit Operating system
- New drivers for Vista 32 and 64 bit Operating systems
- UAC compliancy with Vista 32 and 64 bit Operating systems
- You will no longer need to turn off the User Access Control while using the software
- PES MA Thread Chest color palette, the Madeira Thread Chest color palette, has been added to the Color Palette, and is now the default color palette. Color names have also been added to correspond to the Madeira Thread Chest. If you use MA Thread Chest to color a design and save in the PES6 format, the PES file will contain Madeira Rayon thread colors.
- Hemmingworth thread chart added to the Color Palette, these values will be saved in the BLF format and will cannot be displayed in the PES format in order to know your Hemmingworth thread numbers, print template before closing the design page
- Read/write VP3 format and VIP thread charts added to the color palette
- Motifs will apply right-side up in object
- Gradient fill in an object will no longer flip when using the transform tab to rotate the design
- Rotate on the Transform tab works correctly with all size values, including when there is a height or width of 0
- Recipes updated with new stabilizer names
- Objects in a circle now evenly divide in Circular Copy
- Ability to read Palette 8 files
- JEF format will now split at larger stitch counts
- A 300 x 200 design will maintain their orientation when opened on the BMP8
- Underlay tab has been removed in Gradient fills
- Overwriting an existing file on a hard drive or external drive will no longer shut down the program
- Fill tab will no longer disappear in the Properties box when switching from Text fonts to True Type fonts
- Stray stitches in appliqué shapes have been removed
- 100 x 180 and 200 x 200 hoop sizes have been added to the PES hoop list
- Gradient color blend issues with similar colors fixed (example: 14k gold and penny)