Version 1.6 (build 2109)
Instructions for Download
- Download file, saving it to your hard drive.
- Locate the saved file on your hard drive.
- Double click on the file.
- Print and follow the instructions to load the update.
- Color match on loading option added to Preferences. (Default is set to "off" when installed.) This can be checked on so when a design file is opened the colors will match the selected color palette. Exceptions are .dst, .exp, .pcs, .sew and .xxx files that do not contain color or thread palette information. BLF files will open with the colors they were generated with.
- Added Baby Lock tab to the preferences which contains hoop information with color count and stitch count for the selected hoop.
- When saving a .pes design, if it will not fit in the PES1 frame a warning is given. You then have the option to save anyway or cancel and change the design size. If you choose save anyway, the .pes format is automatically increased to a version that will accommodate the size of the design
- Improved thread color reading at the machine.
- Madeira Thread Chart saves as Madeira Rayon in .pes files.
- Updated the machine hoop list.
- Added additional thread charts to the color palette.
- Able to save .pes files in the version 7 & 8 formats.
- Reads .pcs files created from 4D Software.
- Both .jef and .pcs files now split at a higher stitch count.
- Improved colors when viewing files in 3D.
- In the right click menu, "Convert To" items have been removed when QuiltWorks II is not installed on your computer.
- Direct Support for CardWorks2 has been added to the file menu.
- Passing of color information to and from DensityWorks has been fixed.
- Compatible with Vista 64 bit Operating system
- Added the Catalog browse function from Studio Plus or Studio III (see information at end of this page to set the catalog.bl from each program). Path can be changed through Preferences/Catalog Path.
- PES MA Thread Chest color palette, the Madeira Thread Chest color palette, has been added to the Color Palette, and is now the default color palette. Color names have also been added to correspond to the Madeira Thread Chest. If you use MA Thread Chest to color a design and save in PES6 format, the PES file will contain Madeira Rayon thread colors.
- Hemmingworth thread chart added to the Color Palette, these values will be saved in the BLF format and will cannot be displayed in the PES format
- In order to know your Hemmingworth thread numbers, print template before closing the design page
- Read/write VP3 format and VIP thread charts added to the color palette
- A 300 x 200 design will maintain their orientation when opened on the BMP8
- Grid settings improved to handle changes between Metric and English
- LetterWorks III Quick Picks re-colored to Madeira Thread Chest colors
- 100 x 180 and 200 x 200 hoop sizes have been added to the PES hoop list
- Needle Up removed from Run tab in Properties box
- Ability to read Palette 8 files
- JEF format will now split at larger stitch counts
- It is now possible to view a large number of designs in the Browser Window (example: 2000 designs) without the scrollbar resetting
- Start/All Programs/Designer's Gallery/CustomWorks has been added
- Recipes have been updated with new stabilizer names
- Overwriting an existing file on a hard drive or external drive will no longer shut down the program
When changing Catalog viewing in the browse window change the Path in Preferences first:
Studio Plus: c:Program Files\Baby Lock\Designer's Gallery\Catalog.Bl
Studio III: c:Documents and settings\name of user\My Documents\Designer's Gallery\Catalog.Bl
The best way to do this is to:
- find the Catalog.Bl file
- copy the path from explorer
- paste into the path box in preferences
Catalog.Bl must always be at the end of the path or the catalog tab will not appear. If you do not copy and paste the path and you are typing the path in the box, make sure everything is correct. Capital letters, and all other things such as comma, back slash, apostrophe, etc, if these are not correct the catalog tab will not appear.
If you have placed the Catalog.Bl file in another location in your computer, please type that path in the dialog window.
- Added compatibility with LetterWorks III software.
- Color Palette, Sequence View and Properties all dock on the right side of screen.
- Shape tool re-named to Reform.
- GU Dekor thread colors now save in PES6 correctly.
- Isacord thread colors now save in PES6 correctly.
- Hoop lists updated.
- VP3 format added.
- Improved handling of JEF format.
- Open Working file removed from File Menu.
- Merge Stitch file dialog has changed to match all DG software.
- Can view file name, size, stitch count and color count of each
- file in the preview box.
- Open File opens all formats including .blf files
- Corrected a problem reported with some old serial numbers
- Added .jef 2000 x 200mm hoop
- Supports most .pes version 7 files
- Ctrl+L restored to access lasso tool
- Corrected appliqué problem reported with some shapes when a motif stitch is used
- Improved stitch recalculation when SizeWorks is installed
- Improved thread accuracy in Importing Designs
- Save as now provides choice of .blf working file or stitch format
- Replaces lasso tool to the tool bar in stitch edit mode
- Restored feature: convert to satin
- Corrects problem with ttf when the name is the same as one of the installed fonts